One of the worst storms in recent history recently hit the Philippines on November 8th. Thousands of people have died and many more are homeless. All this devastation caused by Typhoon Haiyan. Sariol Center Legal encourages individuals to help out during this time.
– KTLA Channel 5 partnered with the Red Cross on Sunday to hold telethon to raise money for the victims.
– On Sunday evening, Nov. 17 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., a live special Season of Sharing telethon: “Help for the Philippines” was aired.
– Hundreds of people are reported missing.
– Numerous homes have been destroyed.
– Supported form the United States has begun to pour in.
– More aid and support continues to be needed during this tragedy in the Philippines.
– Sariol Legal Center requests assistance for the cause to help out the victims and families of the Philippines.
Here’s how you can donate: Call 323-606-7201, or visit http://www.ktla.com/help. Donations may be made directly to the Red Cross Here are 2 locations you can contact:
American Red Cross Los Angeles Region Headquarters
11355 Ohio Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone: (310) 445-9900
Orange County Chapter
601 N. Golden Circle Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Phone: (714) 481-5300
Sariol Legal Center is pleased to help the Philippines by sharing this information with others.
Photo courtesy of (Noel Celis/AFP/Getty Images)